Thursday, November 4, 2010

My favorite auto tune moments of 2010

Starting off my "Favorite of 2010" lists with a fun one. Lets take a look at some of my favorite moments that came from one of the worst things to happen to music this decade :-)

5. Jay Z - On to the Next

This is one of my favorite rap songs of the year. Although it is not a full auto tune song, Jay's line "And fuck that auto tune cuz we onnn" is good enough to make the list. Particularly since the track is only a few songs after D.O.A (Death of Auto Tune).



4. Drake - Karaoke

This is one of the first songs that caught my attention from Drake's first album. It is very refreshing to hear rap verses that are influenced by the rapper's real life expiriences, espectially when it is a subject that others can relate to. This song is about how he and a girl in his past took different paths in life and I am sure many people can relate to that.



3. Kanye West - Runaway

The auto tuned ending to this song is heavily distorted to the point where it is near impossible to make out what Kanye is singing. Yet, there is something about this section that yanks at my heart strings and really gets to me. Kanye's use of auto tune is great as usual.



2. Sufjan Stevens - Impossible Soul

 At first I was off put by this change of pace in Sufjan's magnum opus "Impossible Soul" but it quickly became one of my favorite sections of the whole album. It may have helped to see it performed live twice in a row ;-)



1. Bed Intruder Song

Cuz you better HIDE YO KIDS! HIDE YO WIFE! 

How these guys turned an already hillarious internet phenomenon into an actually really catch song is beyond me. But here it is...

1 comment:

  1. Damn, I forgot Vampire Weekend's California English when I made this, it would have made #1

    ReplyDelete