Monday, October 11, 2010

Coachella 2011 Rumorzzz

Coachella 2011 will be my 6th Coachella (previously I have been to 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010) and hopefully the best! In the first few years that I went to this amazing festival I felt that there were a few artists that were almost taboo to even consider performing. Among these artists were David Bowie, Paul McCarteney, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Daft Punk, and Neutral Milk Hotel. Since then Daft Punk and Sir Paul McCarteney have blessed the Polo Fields with their presence. Daft Punk playing Coachella was their first performance in 9 years for christ sakes!

This year, I truly feel there are infinite possibilities for Coachella. They can do whatever they want at this point, I mean they even got Prince last minute one year! It amazes me to think that a Godspeed You! Black Emperor sunset may actually happen this year.

There are several artists that I am dying to see that very well may make an appearence in '11.

Potential Headliners



DAFT PUNK! These crazy french robots are gearing up for a world tour in 2011 and I will be dammed if they don't make a repeat appearance at the festival that helped put them back on the map. I really believe DP will headline one day this year.

A rap headliner? Lil' Wayne/Eminem? It just seems like the year to go for one of these artists if it will ever happen. If so, hopefully Drake and Kanye West will play as well though I don't see them headlining. I would LOVE it if Kanye West played before Daft Punk! Although I would love Outkast to headline one day, Big Boi coming out with a new solo project this year makes it unlikely that they will perform. Though Big Boi alone is a realistic possibility.


With a new album potentially coming out any day now (or never at all....) Radiohead is a very likely candidate for headliner this year. It will be amazing to see them headline again as I considered them a lame Coldplay type band in 2004 because I was an ignorant twit and didn't see them. I truely hope for this to happen and for them to play a nice long 2 hour set. Hopefully with some Life in a Glasshouse action....

The Strokes have a new album coming out around March of 2011 which makes them a good candidate for headliner. It would be great to see Interpol opening for The Strokes this year.


Arcade Fire...because it is time for them to be recognized as headliner material. :-)




Non Headliner Possibilities

No matter how amazing this year's headliners will be, it is going to be the extraordinary undercard that makes this the best Coachella ever. There are a ton of amazing artists that are actually possible this year. Among them are Kylie Minouge, Scissor Sisters, Sufjan Stevens, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Interpol, Kanye West, Drake, The Flaming Lips, Clinic and many others. The rumor mill is in full effect.

Part of me hopes it doesn't have all of these artists just so that I have something to look forward to in later years...Neutral Milk Hotel 2012 anyone???








1 comment:

  1. I was excited about this blog until I read Neutral Milk Hotel at the end....

    ReplyDelete